Civil Construction Department
The building faculty is one of the departments at the Educational-Scientific Engineering Technological Instituteof Sumy National Agrarian University.
The specialists’ training in Industrial and Civil Building (7.092101) started in 1989 according to the order of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Education of Ukraine.
On an order of the Minister of Education of Ukraine №229, 13.07.1994, the licensed quantity of students was set at the level of 75 . Post-graduate courses by occupation 05.23.01 – Building Constructions, Houses and Constructions
were founded in 1993 at the basis of the Building Constructions chair to prepare specialists of the highest qualification.
At the beginning the students of the faculty were obtaining only Specialist’s and Master’s degrees. The degrees awarded today at the faculty are specialist’s, bachelor’s, master’s degrees.
The Building Faculty has sufficient scientific potential, which is capable to perform different Scientific Researches, Design, engineering design and Construction works at the level which is appropriate to the recent technical advances in science and technology in construction.
Specialist training at Soil management and cadaster at SNAU started in 2004 . At the beginning, the specialty was founded as the part of agronomical faculty. In 2006 the new separate chair of Soil Management and Cadaster was founded. Later on in 2007 it became a part of the Building Faculty.
Since September 2007 the faculty is led by the Dean, Head of the Faculty, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, docent Nagornуi Mykola Vasylyovysch.
The faculty is constantly engaged in research work. The tasks are worked out on a contractual or budgetary basis.
The study at the faculty is carried out according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). This program gives opportunities for obtaining the Statement of Comparability – an officially recognized document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in EU and encourage our graduates to take advantage of opportunities which the EU offers its citizens to live, study and work in other countries.
There are 4 chairs at the Building Faculty:
Architecture and engineering researches
Soil management and cadaster
The Faculty has three laboratories:
• Materials laboratory;
• Explorations of soils and building geology laboratory;
• Explorations of building constructions laboratory.
The Faculty has 120 academic staff many of whom are leading practitioners in the field of construction, architecture and design.
The teaching staff of the Faculty includes:
- 4 Candidats of Engineering Sciences, Professors;
- 21 Candidates of Engineering Sciences, docents;
- 11 Senior lecturer.
- Scientific subjects and design
Department of Architecture and engineering researches
1. Energy-efficient designs of buildings for agricultural purposes.
2. Dynamic architectural shaping cabling-beam systems.
3. Urbanization of the underground environment.
Department of Building constructions
1. Development of methods of the estimation of capacity and strengthening of building constructions at difficult external environments.
2. New structural forms of spatial surfaces.
3. Development of recommendations for increasing of building efficiency in the Sumy region in a market economy.
Department of Building production
1. Development of recommendations directed on the increasing of efficiency of organization of a building production.
2. The introduction of energy-saving technologies in the production of building materials.
3. Research of the properties of slag astringent concretes and building solutions on their basis.
4. Developments of the composition of cement-asphalt mixtures with the addition of chemical stabilizers of the type EN-1.