Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. Ukraine borders Belarus to the northwest , Russian Federation to the east and northeast, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova to the southwest. The South of Ukraine is washed by Black Sea మరియు Sea of Azov.
Territory of Ukraine is 603,628 km², making it the largest country on the European continent. The highest point in Ukraine is Mt. Hoverla in the Carpathians, with an elevation of 2061 m (about 6762 ft).
On August 24, 1991 the Ukrainian parliament adopted the Act of Independence in which the parliament declared Ukraine as an independent democratic state. Ukraine is a unitary state composed of 24 provinces, one autonomous republic (Crimea).
Ukraine has substantial economic potential. The key sector of the economy is industry. It accounts for the greatest part of the national income. Agriculture is important as well.
Co-operation with international financial organization, with International Monetary Fund (IMF), International and European banks of reconstruction and development (IBRD and EBRD) helps to introduce the programs of financial stabilization and attract privilege credit resources to the economy of the country.
Ukraine has a mostly temperate continental climate. Precipitation is disproportionately distributed; it is highest in the west and north and lowest in the east and southeast. Western Ukraine receives around 1,200 millimeters (47.2 లో) of precipitation annually, while Crimea receives around 400 millimeters (15.7 లో). Winters vary from cool along the Black Sea to cold farther inland. An average winter temperature is from -8˚C to -12˚C (from +17.6˚F to +3˚F). In Southern regions winter temperature is about 0˚C (+320F). An average summer temperature: from +18˚C to +25˚C (from +64.4˚F to +77˚F) but during daytime it can reach +35˚C (+95˚F).
The total population of Ukraine was estimated at 45,426,200 in January 2014. The largest city in Ukraine is కైవ్ (capital of Ukraine). Ukraine is inhabited by representatives of 128 nations, nationalities, and ethnic groups.
The state language of Ukraine is ఉక్రేనియన్. రష్యన్, which was the de facto official language of the Soviet Union, is widely spoken, especially in eastern and southern Ukraine. There are some groups speaking Crimean-Tatar, Romanian, Polish, Hungarian and other languages.
మతం: Believers belong to several religions. Orthodox and Greek Catholic (Ukrainian Catholic of Byzantine Rite) are the biggest.
Hryvna is a national currency of Ukraine. It has been the national currency since September 2, 1996.
Modern Ukraine culture has a lot in common with Russian and Belarusian cultures. It is quite understandable as all three nations have their historical roots and origins from Kievan Rus, but during the 13th century they began developing as the individual nations they are now. History demonstrates that every nation tends to create legends and stories about its historical past. Historical events are often interpreted in a way people desire to see them, but that does not mean that this is the way the real events took place.
Did you know?
- ఓవర్ 500 cities of Ukraine were founded more than 900 years ago, also 4,500 villages of Ukraine are more than 300 ఏళ్ళ వయసు.
- More than 150-thousand monuments of culture, history, and archeology reflect the remarkable history of the Ukrainian people. 80 % of the monuments of Kyivan Rus epoch (IX – XII centuries) are concentrated in the territory of Ukraine.
- The excavations of ancient towns in Tira, Olviya, Chersonese, Panticapea dating from the 5th century B.C. as well as the magnificent fortresses built in the 14th-15th centuries by Italians from Genoa, are located in Crimea.
- మించి 600 museums introduce the most outstanding facts and personalities of Ukrainian history and culture.
- Ukraine has excellent and diverse geography, climatic conditions, and scenic nature. Ukraine tourism operators consider the Black Sea and the Crimea as an ideal place for mountaineering, mountain bicycling, rock climbing and diving. The Carpathian mountains are a traditional place for skiing, mountaineering and kayaking.
- Many regions of Ukraine have saved their ethnic originality. Tourists therefore have a great opportunity to get acquainted with national culture, songs, dances, and meals.